OUR SUPPLEMENTS PLAYGROUND
At EquiPacs we are proud to be British!
We work with a local UK manufacturer who shares our values when it comes to developing effective, cost-effective supplements without the use of fillers or bulking agents. Because of this, our feeding rates are often lower than you may be use to and our palatability scores off the charts!
BY BENEFITS OR INGREDIENTS
Listed below is our supplements by category and their health benefits for your horse. Please select either tab.
Our Essential Minerals Blend really is a 1 stop supplement that gives owners full peace of mind. This product provides benefits to the hoof, coat, blood, digestive system, skeleton and muscles and can supplement vitamins and minerals lacking in pasture and forage. The addition of a supplement balancer is especially useful when trying to support the “lives on fresh air” type as well as horses on concentrate feeds not receiving the manufacturer recommended feeding levels.
- A fully comprehensive range of micronutrients
- Added Biotin, Lysine and Methionine to support hoof condition
- Includes both Prebiotics and Probiotics to support healthy digestive function
- A powerful source of natural antioxidants
- Essential minerals combined with B complex vitamins vital for the blood condition
- Optimum nutrients for bone development and maintenance
- NO fillers
- Each batch is independently tested for Caffeine and Theobromine to ensure suitability for competition horses
Linseed is a hugely popular addition to any Pac and a key ingredient behind the famous “EquiPacs Shine”! Our Linseed is preprepared to maximise absorption and is safe from any unsafe toxins removed through the micronizing process and is ready to add immediately to your horses feed. Linseed is an exceptionally noteworthy addition of protein, calories, fat and fibre to your horses diet and is renowned for adding condition and shine but without unwanted fizz!
- A rich source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids – key for supporting that show ring shine all year round as well as supporting top line development
- A fabulous energy source without causing unwanted fizz. Linseed is high in calories yet low in sugar and starch
- Ideal for older horses and safe for the laminitis prone
- Offers relief to horses suffering with seasonal pruritis
Our horses joints are subject to wear and tear throughout their lives, and as they age key features within the joint capsule reduce. 2 key features are the synovial fluid, which lubricates the joints and cartilage, which lines the bones within the joints. Cartilage does not contain blood vessels and there for growth and repair is a slow process. Our EquiPacs Joint Aid has been formulated to supply the required levels of joint health ingredients whilst remaining an affordable option to suit consumers.
- Suitable for current support and future protection
- Enhances the Hyaluronate content within the joint, a key component of Synovial Fluid
- Added Hydrolysed Collagen which works synergistically with the blend of Glucosamine and MSM and significantly accumulates in the cartilage and other connective tissues
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the usual function of cartilage.
- The optimum ratio of ingredients based on the latest research
- No added fillers or bulkers
- 100% pure human grade materials
MSM is a natural source of Sulphur which when included in the horses diet will be utilised where the body most requires it. MSM is most well-known for its appearance is joint supplements for its role in supporting the health of tendons, ligaments and other connective tissues. However, MSM is a key ingredient behind supporting other areas of the horses body including the skin, respiratory system and even hooves.
- Key for Joint Support by accumulating where it is most required in the soft tissues within the joint capsule (ligaments, tendons, connective tissues, cartilage etc…)
- Aid in maintaining joint fluidity and comfort of movement
- Assists in supporting the respiratory system through promoting a healthy inflammatory response
- Necessary for maintaining the integrity of the hoof wall by bonding protein strands within the hoof.
- Highly palatable
- Guaranteed over 99% pure MSM, 100% Human Grade
- NO added fillers
Glucosamine HCL (hydrochloride) is an amino sugar which forms a building bloc within the cartilage matrix. It is vital to maintain cartilage healthy and functioning and is a key ingredient when it comes to supporting your horses joints. As horses age the levels of Glucosamine within the body declines and with that so does the body’s ability to grow, repair and renew.
- Provided in HCL format which is more readily absorbed by the body
- A targeted option for supporting the health of your horses joints
- 100% human grade materials
- NO added fillers
Boswellia is a herbal approach to supporting your horses joint and movement and is becoming more and more popular amongst the equestrian community. Ideal for horse owners due to its high palatability and acceptance from the fussiest of feeders as well as remaining competition legal.
- Offers support to the joints and provides comfort and freedom of movement
- Highly palatable to the fussiest of feeders
- Gentle on the digestive system
- No fillers
We all know the saying “No foot no horse”. Our horses hooves are under extensive stress from shoeing, riding on roads and hard ground and a variety of physical and environment factors/conditions. Biotin is well known amongst the equestrian community to providing support to dry, cracked, brittle hooves. Our Biotin supplement provides optimized levels of this essential B Vitamin alongside other essential key ingredients to give YOU full piece of mind.We all know the saying “No foot no horse”. Our horses hooves are under extensive stress from shoeing, riding on roads and hard ground and a variety of physical and environment factors/conditions. Biotin is well known amongst the equestrian community to providing support to dry, cracked, brittle hooves. Our Biotin supplement provides optimized levels of this essential B Vitamin alongside other essential key ingredients to give YOU full piece of mind.
- Biotin, necessary for normal growth, healthy skin and hoof formation
- DL Methionine, an essential amino acid necessary for growth and a wide variety of body processes
- MSM, a rich source of sulphur and an essential mineral for healthy hoof growth and enhanced circulation
- Brewer’s Yeast, a natural source of Biotin, Methionine, Zinc and Copper. All of which are necessary for healthy, strong hooves, growth and repair
- Zinc Sulphate, a trace element necessary for muscle and bone growth and food utilisation
- Vitamin C, an anti-oxidant essential to the formation and maintenance of connective tissues
- Calcium, important for holding the keratinised cells of the hoof wall together
Supporting your horses digestive system can seem a little overwhelming but we aim to try and keep things simple.
- Probiotics are live cultures of bacteria and yeast responsible for aiding the process of digestion.
- Prebiotics are “food” to encourage the health and growth of digestive microorganisms (Probiotics)
- Utilises scientifically proven Yea-Sacc and Bio-Mos
- Supports a healthy, flourishing environment for digesting bacteria in the horses digestive system
- Maximises nutrient absorption
- Activates the natural fibre digesting bacteria in the horse’s hindgut
- Highly palatable for fussy feeders
- Suitable for stress prone/anxious types prone to diarrhoea and loss of condition
Ulcers occur in the horses stomach and are caused by the
digestive acids coming into contact with the delicate lining of
the upper regions of the stomach. Your horses stomach produces
acid continuously and this is why it essential horses have
access to enough forage. Naturally a horse will graze between
16-18 hours a day and the stomach acidity levels are maintained
by the forage passing through the digestive system.
However, when the balance between forage and concentrate feeds
tips and a horses access to forage is limited the acidity in the
stomach increases. Alongside this, during exercise the acidic
fluids of the stomach can splash onto these vulnerable areas of
the stomach forming ulceration.
Key signs to look out for:
- Poor appetite
- Weight Loss
- Poor Performance
- Poor Condition (dull coat)
- Behavioural Changes (grumpiness)
- Mild or Recurrent Colic
- for Horses & Ponies at risk of Ulcers
- Supports a healthy Gastric environment
- Formulated for horses on a low forage diet
- Contains both Calcium and Magnesium - recognised Alkaline agents to reduce acidity and maintain pH balance within the stomach
"Today 37% of leisure horses suffer from Ulcers, this suggests 1 in 3 horses are at risk of developing EGUS."
Brewer’s Yeast provides a natural way to supplement your horse’s diet with B Vitamins and amino acids. The amino acid content and prebiotic action makes it an excellent supplement for poor-doers and assists with improving condition.
- Amino Acids work to provide a thriving environment for the bacteria the reside in the horses digestive system in turn increasing nutrient absorption
- B Vitamins work to maintain healthy skin, coat, hooves and even eyes
- Soothing for skin discomfort and itching after midge bites
- Highly palatable to even fussy feeders
Wild horses were able to graze the wide range of herbs and plants they needed for their overall good health. The domestication of horses, restrictive grazing and poor soil quality have all reduced the variety in their diets resulting in poor hindgut health. The health of the hindgut is determined by the diversity of the gut bacteria. With 80% of a horse’s immune system living in the hindgut, low diversity reduces a horse’s ability to fight disease and absorb nutrients. The greater the variety in your horse’s diet, the more diverse the nutrient supply for the bacterias in their hindgut. Our herbal mixes help to support this variety, resulting in a well-fed and diverse range of happy gut microbes. Each brings their unique benefits for the overall health and wellbeing of your horse.
- Peppermint: Relaxes the muscles of digestive tract, supporting good gut health and helping to prevent colic
- Thyme: Anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Supports a healhy respiratory system and joints
- Dandelion Leaves: The diuretic properties make it useful for skin conditions, rheumatism and laminitis as well as a great source of minerals
- Fenugreek Seeds: Promotes and maintains good conditions of your horse with the added benfit of being highly palatble - fantastic for fussy eaters and helps to treat gastric ulcers
- Rosemary: Rich in anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds. High source of polyphenols for a healthy gut
- Burdock Root: Diuretic, anti-inflammatory and digestive aid. Helps to treat skin conditions, arthritis and rheamatism
- Hawthorn Leaves: Rich in antioxidants for a helathy heart and circulatory system. Helps to treat laminitis and navicular syndrome
- Rosehip: High biotin content for healthy hooves. Anti-inflammatory properties that help to relieve arthitis symptoms and support healthy joints.
- Nettle Leaves: Diuretic and high source of vitamins and minerals. Helps to treat sweet itch, rhumatism and arthrits
- Oregano: High source of polyphenols makes them very benefical for the gut bacteria in the hindgut
- Highly palatable to even fussy feeders
Horses can become excitable or stressed during whilst at home, out competing or during changes in their routine or environment. Providing a calmer in your horses diet can help promote focus and aid them with tackling the task at hand.
- Ideal for stress prone, anxious and excitable horses
- Carefully chosen ingredient specifically for relaxing and calming properties.
- Safe for long or short- term use
- Supports focus and trainability
- Competition legal
- Highly palatable for the fussiest of feeders
Chaste Berry also known as Agnus Castus, is a herbal product used to promote hormone and behavioural balance. Most commonly known for support mares in season, Chaste Berry can also provide support to riggy geldings, and high-strung stallions.
- Promote a healthy hormone balance and reduce discomfort and unwanted behaviours from mares during their season
- Supports a healthy endocrine system in turn aiding in regulating the reproductive system
- A powerful antioxidant which reduces stress levels
Magnesium is a required nutrient within the body to support healthy nerve and muscle function. Deficiencies in Magnesium can be linked to unwanted behaviours such as excitability, nervousness, and tension. The addition of Magnesium to the diet supports body function and aids to reduce these unwanted behaviours
- Encourages good calm and behaviour in equines
- Supports proper nerve and muscle function in horses
- Can improve hoof health and help with stone bruising/soreness
During periods of hot weather or after strenuous exercise your horse will produce large amounts of sweat, upwards of 4.5litres every 15 minutes when exercising in hot weather. When our horses sweat essential salts are lost from the body and need to be replaced. A deficiency in these essential salts can result in poor performance, lack of energy, reduced recovery and conditions such as tying up. Adding Electrolytes to the diet is a quick and reliable way to replace these essential salts.
- Replaces essential salts lost during competition or exercise
- Improves recovery and performance
- Aids in encouraging your horse to drink more
- The optimum ratio of ingredients based on the latest scientific studies
There is nothing quite like the aromatic hit you get when opening up a Mint infused EquiPac! We offer 100% fresh, dried Mint which is highly palatable to the fussiest of feeders and entices them to lick clean any bucket. It’s great to encourage and increase appetite and is traditional source to settle and soothe the digestive system and great for sensitive horses.
- Helps soothe and settle the digestive system
- Enhances appetite
Garlic is an age old remedy for maintaining general health, and natural body defences thanks to the rich supply of organic sulphur compounds. Also a hugely popular addition during the summer months to aid in repelling flies and other biting insects by the odour produced in the horses sweat when fed.
- Acts as a fly repellent, keeping away midges, gnats, flies, and other insects away
- Used to help to increase a horse's appetite
- It can reduce blood pressure
- Helps to purify the blood
Seaweed is sometimes a forgotten superb all-round, nutrient rich supplement supporting a variety of functions through the horses body.
- Rich in Amino Acids
- A natural source of a wide range of essential vitamins and minerals & trace elements
- Traditionally used to support horses with thyroid issues
- Aids fat distribution in those suffering with cresty necks
Turmeric is widely used to encourage soundness, and help to support your horse's suppleness and ease of movement. This popular product is often fed to manage lumps and bumps on the skin, and contains Curcumin, which has multiple health supporting properties including antioxidants that neutralise free radicals.
- Supports healthy joints and soft tissues while lessening stiffness and promoting comfort and range of motion.
- An excellent antioxidant which is hugely beneficial for overall health and wellbeing, benefiting almost every major system in the body
- Soothes the skin, including skin which itches or irritates or managing lumps and bumps